To ensure you make the most of your Sunburst Sailing charter, here are some answers to important and common questions:
Does Nera have full Third Party Liability Insurance?
Sunburst Sailing has full third party liability insurance up to 5 million GBP.
Is the ship licensed to charter in this area?
Croatian regulations are very strict and Nera complies with all current legislation. The boat is examined and certified annually by the Croatian Port Authority.
Is the captain qualified and experienced to handle a boat with paying passengers?
Your skipper has decades of experience and qualifications from the RYA (Royal Yachting Association) as well as a Commercial Croatian Skipper’s Licence.
How fit do guests need to be?
Guests must be able to manoeuvre themselves around the yacht and access to toilets is via a fairly steep set of 5 steps. If you have any concerns, please just ask.
Are there any extra costs?
Only the optional extras which we can offer.
Can you cater for specific dietary requirements?
As we are an exclusive charter company there is no issue in adapting our menu to suit your dietary requirements.
Will you make an occasion extra special?
We welcome special requests and will be delighted to host celebrations and parties; formal or informal, arranging birthday cakes, champagne, flowers, and more.
What happens if the weather is not good enough to sail?
The safety of our guests is our first concern. We will always offer another day at no extra charge or, if this is not possible, an 80% refund.
What happens if the weather turns bad while we are out at sea?
We will always return to shore rather than compromise safety and Nera has life jackets for all passengers, should you feel you want to wear one at any point. Dependent on how long the charter has lasted, we will try to arrange another short charter to make up for lost time, free of charge.
What are Sunburst Sailing’s Terms and Conditions
- While Sunburst Sailing will take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our guests, accidents can always happen. We will provide a full safety briefing and necessary safety equipment for your trip. However, it is your responsibility to take due care and attention while onboard.
- If you have any medical condition which might affect your day onboard, you must notify us in advance.
- There is always the possibility of personal injury or medical emergency at sea. We carry a full medical kit onboard and have ship to shore communications.
- It is essential that our guests are aware of the risks and adhere to the instructions, outlined by the Skipper, for their own safety. Guests must take individual responsibility and accept all risk of damage, injury or medical emergency which may occur.
- We recommend all guests have their own insurance to cover medical emergencies.
- We accept no responsibility for loss or injury.
Sunburst Sailing’s booking form requests that you confirm that you have read and fully understand and accept these terms and conditions.
What should I bring with me?
Please bring a mask for wearing below decks and wear layers of clothing and, if sailing in the evening or early/late season, a jacket or jumper, plus sunglasses and a hat. Shoes should be deck shoes or trainers, also bring swimwear and sun protection. A cabin will be available for changing and towels will also be provided. Nera has a hot and cold shower on the swimming platform and another below. Most importantly, don’t forget your camera… and of course, your smile!